San Jose, California
SV@Home is the voice for affordable housing in the Silicon Valley. SV@Home is a 501c3 nonprofit housing advocacy organization advocating for policies, programs, land use, and funding that increase the supply of affordable housing in Santa Clara County. At the present, SV@Home has an eight-person staff and a 19-member Board of Directors.
SV@Home is seeking a passionate, well-organized, and creative individual to join the team and develop and manage its communications program. The Communications Manager will oversee a program to: (1) create a strong identity for SV@Home, (2) build a strong membership base, and (3) redefine the dialogue about affordable housing in the Silicon Valley. This is a full-time position that reports to the Executive Director. Flexibility, including telecommuting, can be negotiated.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for the implementation of the organization’s communications plan, which lays out the tactical steps needed to accomplish the strategic direction.
• Maintaining SV@Home’s brand, including consistent messaging in all communications
• Overseeing a campaign to educate and inform the public about affordable housing
• Developing and managing SV@Home’s media strategy
• Writing collateral pieces, op-eds, and other articles for publication
• Identifying powerful stories to share with print and broadcast media
• Strengthening SV@Home’s social media presence
• Assisting in populating and maintaining the SV@Home’s website
• Assisting with planning and promotion of SV@Home member activities and public events
The selected candidate must have the following skills and qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, real estate, urban planning, or related field
• A minimum of two years of experience in communications and/or marketing
• A strong background or interest in affordable housing, public policy, poverty, and social relations
• Excellent communication skills, including both writing and public speaking
• Experience with social media as a marketing tool, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube
• Experience with WordPress or website management
• A startup attitude, strong organization, and the ability to handle multiple tasks, work well in a team environment, and work under minimal supervision.
SV@Home offers a competitive compensation package. The annual salary range for this position is $80,000 to $90,000. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, vacation, sick, and holiday pay, a cell phone allowance, a transit allowance, and a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan.
To be considered for this position, please send both a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
No calls, please.
SV@Home is an equal opportunity employer to all regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, actual or perceived gender identity, age or sexual orientation.