Director of Branding
Scotts Valley, CA
The Director of Brand Marketing is responsible for leading Brand Marketing for both the Bell and Blackburn brands across all categories including bicycle helmets and accessories. This position is responsible for the strategy and execution of integrated brand communications across all channels, including advertising, public relations, digital, sports marketing, consumer events, packaging, trade communications, merchandising and all other touch points. They will lead a team of brand managers, sports marketers and digital specialists.
This high-impact position will champion the creation, evolution and activation of our brand plans in partnership with the Product Marketing leaders and Creative Director, enabling the brand to accomplish long-term brand development and business growth. This leader must bring a combination of creative thinking and process orientation to enhance our abilities to design effective and inspiring programs that help take our brands to a new level.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills, be extremely creative, consumer focused and skilled at building internal relationships and external partnerships. The Director of Brand Marketing will have direct ownership of our digital ecosystem and sports marketing assets and must have deep experience managing these two facets of the marketing mix. This person must have a passion and understanding for building sports/outdoor brands that can apply across our categories.
Essential Job Functions:
- Champion the development and activation of our brand strategies to ensure that all touch points are fueling our new brand position/s.
- Coach and guide brand managers in developing integrated marketing programs and supporting their respective brand partners.
- Drive sports marketing to ensure that we are identifying brand right assets and activating them. Responsibilities include strategy development, asset identification, contract negotiation, management of athletes and execution of consumer events.
- Lead the digital team responsible for b2b and b2c web sites, social media, eCommerce, content management, online advertising and all other online marketing efforts.
- Develop and manage eBusiness/eCommerce approach for b2c and retailer partnerships.
- Lead and manage all brand communications activities directly related to the launch of new products and programs.
- Effectively manage all external agency relationships to inspire great work.
- Partner with the Product Marketing leaders to develop and manage spending budgets to insure we are investing in the best channels and assets to drive our brands.
- Seek to understand consumer and macro trends that can be leveraged in our brand communications, push the envelope and disrupt status quo in productive ways.
- Establish and maintain business reporting systems to measure brand, digital and business results.
Education and Training:
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in brand marketing, communications, advertising or related roles either in an Agency environment or on the client side.
- Thorough understanding and experience developing consumer driven, integrated marketing programs.
- Specific experience in Digital, Sports Marketing and Consumer Events required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Creative and dynamic thought leader that is able to balance break through thinking and a “test and learn attitude” with an analytical mindset to ensure we are a optimizing our efforts to best drive our brand.
- Exceptional ability to deal with a dynamic environment and to drive positive cultural change.
- Well-developed strategic and tactical business acumen, with clear understating of key business drivers.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration, communication & influencing skills and professional presence.
- Ability to drive creative, brand building activities across all channels of communication – sports & events marketing, digital, PR, advertising, in store and more.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, motivate, retain, mentor and develop high performing teams.
- Ability to influence and be a thought-leader with other members of management throughout the organizations as well as with executive management.
- Proven leadership ability with an energetic, proactive and collaborative approach to managing and growing a business.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Personal and/or professional experience in our industry or related industry (cycling, endurance sports, action sports, etc…)
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Vista Outdoor is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristics protected by law.