Director/Senior Director of Public Relations
Redwood City, CA
Everything Informatica does begins and ends with data. Simply stated, we make great data – data that is connected, clean and safe — ready to use so that all enterprises can be data ready and put their unique information potential to work. A data ready enterprise is decision-ready, customer-ready, application-ready, cloud-ready and regulation-ready. And by design, our Intelligent Data Platform delivers great data to enable our customers to be ready for anything.
Working with the Global Communications team, as part of the Global Marketing organization, you will be a key contributor who sets the vision for public relations for the company. You will be in a leadership role on the Global Communications team with peers who run Analyst Relations and Social Media around the globe. You will work across Informatica’s entire organization of 3,700 employees, ranging from our C-level executives, to field marketing leads around the world, to the business unit product leads, to our support and services individuals. Your focus will be on driving media coverage, thought leadership, external reputation building/speaking opportunities, press releases, awards programs, executive platforms and beyond globally.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a leader, think creatively in everything you do, are willing to try unique PR programs and champion for all things media relations. Your focus has always been about setting lofty goals, coming up with unique approaches to tell a company story with media, and driving your team and yourself to achieve more than you felt was ever possible. As head of public relations for Informatica you will be laser focused on executing against goals around awareness, significantly building Informatica’s brand, increasing media share of voice, work with our executives on their stories. produce unique thought leadership topics, get creative in telling the company story and drive global media coverage.
You will work with executives, customers, partners and PR agencies around the globe to consistently and aggressively tell the Informatica story through executive interviews, dynamic thought leadership, third-party events and tradeshows, customer success and unique partnerships. And at the heart of everything you do is raising the bar and measuring the impact of Informatica’s media efforts.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of creative, intelligent, self-directed communications professionals. This opportunity provides you with a chance to further establish yourself as a media relations expert by showcasing your skills and business acumen and to continually learn as the media world evolves and changes. You will be a key leader in building Informatica’s media presence, driving brand awareness, reinforcing key messaging and enhancing the company’s image with key stakeholders.
The Director of Public Relations will serve as a key member of the global communications team and serve as a key Public Relations (PR) interface between the executive team, the regional marketing and sales teams as well as the business units. Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Communications, you will collaborate closely with the Vice President to ensure the alignment of Informatica’s external story and voice across media channels globally. You will be based in our headquarters office in Redwood City, CA and will:
• Come with creative ideas on a daily basis to tell the Informatica story across all media efforts, press releases, pitching, events, soundbites and beyond.
• Establish and maintain relationships with key Bay Area/National media, with a focus on business press, covering software/technology in order to be considered a trusted source of information and ideas
• Lead a small team (likely two professionals, one based in Redwood City, CA and one in Europe) as well as 8 PR agencies globally on launches, major product releases, social media efforts, etc.
• Drive positive cover and feature stories about Informatica and the company’s executives that showcase Informatica’s positive results, company strategy, unique solutions, customer success and beyond.
• Develop plans and strategies, with quantifiable metrics, for increasing Informatica’s coverage each quarter in the trade and business press, through executive profiles, product pieces, customer stories, etc.
• Ensure that Informatica’s PR efforts are aligned with the company’s business strategy in order to drive the appropriate messages into the market via media and social media channels
• Demonstrate the business and PR acumen to be viewed as the global lead for all public relations efforts – first point of contact for agencies and executives worldwide
• Take a leadership role in driving results with the agency in terms of media coverage – including developing objectives and goals around what success looks like
• Be viewed as the communications councilor to VP level and beyond spokespeople – serve as a media coach prior to and post interview with each executive
• Regularly hold brainstorming meetings with senior leaders in the company to foster alignment with communications and the company’s vision
• Personally take on goals around creating a trusted customer list, to ensure that at least five customers are advocates for Informatica with the media
• Determine and implement a strategy for measurement of PR effectiveness
• Create impactful messaging documents for key initiatives and areas of the business, which will serve as executive messaging documents
• Be viewed as the trusted advisor around media strategy for the company
• Demonstrate a positive attitude within the company as well as with contractor and external influencers.
• Inspire others
• Minimum of 7 or more years of directing media relations, either in-house or on the PR agency side; Marketing experience with high tech company/products/services
• Adept leader with global management experience including setting the vision for a team and driving toward lofty goals
• Proven track record in creating innovative and targeted marketing programs that generate results
• Have led a small in-house team as well as direct PR agencies globally with a significant dollar investment
• Accomplished range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
• Knows how to tie business goals, objectives and revenue goals to media relations and thought leadership programs
• Able to thrive in a global matrix organization, leveraging and influencing others to achieve objectives
• A team player, effectively interacting with executives, customers and employees at all levels within the organization
• Self-starter with an ability to drive to results; makes effective, reliable, and at times, tough decisions quickly based upon analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and can be equally effective in both formal and informal settings with senior executives, peers and business partners
• Achieves goals successfully, focuses on winning in the marketplace, impacts the bottom-line; constantly challenges self and others to deliver results acts with a sense of urgency and seizes opportunities when they arise
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical/dental, 401(k), flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica. You can learn more about our company, our products and our services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).