Manager, Strategy & Communications
Sony Corporation of America (SCA)
Washington, DC area
Sony Corporation of America (SCA) is seeking a Manager, Strategy & Communications to join the Global Information Security and Privacy organization located in the Washington, DC area. This position will report to the Director of Strategy & Communications and be a part of the team responsible for establishing, maintaining and communicating an enterprise information security and privacy strategy along with overseeing the planning and program management functions that enable execution of this strategy across Sony globally. The Manager, Strategy & Communications is responsible for managing, coordinating and implementing internal communications strategies, plans and programs to support the strategic goals and objectives of the Global Information Security and Privacy organization.
• Develop, implement, and communicate the organization’s strategy and key messages to a wide variety of internal audiences, using a variety of communications tactics.
• Collaborate with other divisions to develop, implement, and ensure integration of internal communications plans and strategies.
• Research, write, and edit all types of internal communication materials, including but not limited to PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, internal websites and knowledge sharing portals.
• Develop information security and privacy crisis communications capability.
• Support information security and privacy employee awareness activities.
• Coordinate high-profile office visits to ensure effective and appropriate messaging.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in communications and/or strategic planning.
• Exceptional communication and advocacy skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to express complex and technical issues to a non-technical audience.
• Highly proficient in PowerPoint.
• Able to communicate effectively and tactfully with executives, managers and all levels of personnel.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Detail-oriented, excellent follow-through. Strong commitment to quality and accuracy.
• Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with strong ability to respond to emergencies, organize and schedule work effectively.
• International business experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Communications or a related field, or other equivalent experience.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required, up to 5%.
• Eligible to work unrestricted in the USA.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.