Marketing Communications Intern
San Jose, CA
Semtech is looking for an intern for its Marketing Communications department to assist with content creation for: blogs, public relations, speaking/awards, social media and website campaigns. In this role, you will research industry and market trends, author original content, repurpose content into multiple digital formats, and serve as an editor of various communications documents and marketing collateral. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in a career in marketing communications to learn how to write for a high-technology company that serves business to business and business to consumer end markets and multiple target audiences. Exceptional writing skills are needed to be successful in this role.
This position is located our San Jose marketing and sales office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in brainstorm sessions to identify storylines and topics
• Author original content for use in multiple formats
• Use multiple online resources for research projects
• Interact with multiple departments
• Assist with special projects as needed
• Provide general administrative support
• Experience with MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Solid organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of AP style guide and proofing marks.
• Fluent with social media channels.
• Completion of advanced journalism, business writing, or communications courses.
• Pursuing a career in journalism, communications, or related business marketing degree.
• Available for 32-40 hours per week during normal business hours during summer and school holidays; min. 20 hour per week when school is in session.