Policy Communications Director
Menlo Park, CA
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Facebook is seeking a Director of Policy Communications to provide vision and leadership for developing and supporting initiatives critical to the organization’s policy practices and corporate issues. The role has responsibility for press relations and communications relating to all policy, legal and regulatory matters, and will oversee a team that manages all proactive and reactive communications for privacy, safety, security and content.
This role is located in Menlo Park, California.
- Liaise with policy teams and relevant product teams to understand, build and communicate corporate and product policies that support and protect the company’s reputation amongst users, advertisers, developers and partners.
- Devise communications efforts to support global and local policy initiatives on privacy, safety, security and content.
- Develop proactive PR campaigns to educate influencers about Facebook’s policies and practices.
- Lead public positioning of regulatory and brand issues.
- Respond to crisis situations, including litigation, content controversies, and other issues.
- Manage and develop a team of experienced communications professionals.
- Influence and manage media relations.
- Bachelors Degree in Policy, Journalism, Communications, or related field
- 15+ years of experience managing press and stakeholder relations in a public policy, issues management or similar context
- Experience building outreach programs and managing stakeholder relations at a national or international level
- Experience dealing with global regulatory issues
- Experience managing issues and driving crisis communications in a fast-pace and ambiguous environment
- Great writing skills and analytical ability
- Significant emotional intelligence
- Strong leadership and management experience
- Passion for Facebook essential
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Facebook is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 1+650-308-7837.