Product Communications Manager, Caviar
San Francisco, CA
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Our communications team is made up of tough, quick-witted, entrepreneurial, and intellectually-curious people. We communicate to the world Square’s mission to make commerce easy, and how we empower sellers with beautifully simple tools that give them an advantage where they previously and unfairly had none.
- Serve as the day-to-day communications point person for Caviar, Square’s food ordering platform for both restaurants and diners. Caviar is part of Square’s full suite of tools for businesses, enabling restaurants across the country to grow their sales and expand their reach
- Lead Caviar PR strategy at the national and local levels, working with remote teams across the U.S. in all Caviar markets and managing press outreach in collaboration with local marketing managers
- Create and execute a wide range of launches, announcements, and major product communications initiatives for Caviar to support Square’s strategic objectives, working cross-functionally with senior leadership and teams across Square, including product, engineering, marketing, business, sales, and customer support
- Develop written materials, including company messaging and statements, communications plans, press releases, blog posts, FAQs, and other collateral
- Pitch and maintain relationships with key consumer, trade, technology, and business press, both locally and nationally
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-10 years relevant work experience at either at a PR agency or on an in-house communications team
- Experience pitching national, regional, consumer, business, and vertical publications; consumer food/beverage and restaurant industry communications experience a plus
- Critical understanding of local markets; how to pitch them, create effective comms strategies, work in collaboration with market teams, and think creatively to generate buzz that supports Caviar’s narrative at the national level
- An understanding of the bigger-picture and a knack for advancing company narratives in the down-cycles between launches
- Strong and prolific writing and editing skills
- Skills in planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing simultaneous projects and activities
- A self-starter attitude: you instinctively and consistently create personal and professional stretch goals and meet them
- Curiosity, creative thinking, and a sense of humor
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.