Public Relations Specialist, Corporate and Culture
Yahoo is a guide focused on making users’ daily habits inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the world. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses.
A Little About Us
The Public Relations team is in charged with informing and educating media, advertisers, partners, employees, and influencers about Yahoo’s business and products through great Yahoo stories and media experiences.
A Lot About You
We’re seeking a Public Relations Specialist to join our dynamic team to serve as an integral and productive part of communications at Yahoo. The PR team is charged with informing and educating employees, users, advertisers, partners, and influencers about Yahoo’s business and products. In this role, you will lead many strategic projects on an ongoing basis as well as be asked to contribute to and manage day-to-day business activities that directly impact our employees, users and shareholders.
As part of the Corporate and Culture team you will support external communications efforts on behalf of recruitment, HR, and culture at Yahoo. You will also lend support on critical corporate projects. You will serve as the editorial director for our Life @ Yahoo Tumblr and work closely with our employee resource groups.
Strong writing and editing skills, event management, as well as the ability to work independently and meet deadlines are essential. 2+ years experience in communications, journalism, public relations, events or consumer-oriented media are required.
- Define, develop and oversee the content for the Life @ Yahoo blog
- Provide support and guidance for Yahoo’s corporate blog and social media accounts
- Develop, execute and support the PR strategy surrounding our culture (people, spaces, etc)
- Work closely with internal partners to help guide content surrounding product announcements
- Develop meaningful relationships with media outlets and further our narrative around our people, culture and spaces
- Monitor employee feedback alongside the internal communications team to identify opportunities to amplify and affect the corporate culture
- Support Corporate PR team processes including media hotline management, development and consistency with FAQs, and generally serve as a support for the corporate team on special projects and operations
You Must Have
- 2+ years of communications experience
- Excellent creative writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Project management, leadership and decision making skills
- Creative, positive, and high-energy individual with an ability to execute
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of professional integrity and confidentiality
- Excitement about the Yahoo brand is a must!
- 4 year college degree is required