Vice President, Corporate Communications
San Ramon, CA
The job as Vice President of Corporate Communications is a strategic role at BlackBerry. The mission at hand is to continue to promote the company as a leader in enterprise security software and the Enterprise of Things. Following the Company’s successful pivot from hardware to software, ongoing communication of the new narrative both inside and outside the company is essential for recruiting, partnership development and customer acquisition. Positioning BlackBerry as owning a “white space” of the Enterprise of Things market, we are seeking to define this space as a subset of the Internet of Things for the enterprise.
- Continue to evolve, evangelize and proliferate the narrative both inside and outside the company.
- Act as a spokesperson for the Company with press and analysts.
- Lead the global Communications organization (internal communications, social media, content marketing, corporate PR, international PR) with a lean approach and in such a manner as to showcase the company as the leader in EoT (Enterprise of Things) and a thought leader in Cybersecurity.
- Make and maintain strategic investments in content marketing, social media, press relations and internal communications.
- Provide strategic insight to the senior leadership team on how to respond to industry issues, market movement, government mandates, and competitive threats. Provide strategic counsel throughout the Company on messaging.
- Develop strong and trusted relationships with members of the senior leadership team. Be a strong partner to the COO on the marketing and communications front and a good team player with other senior executives.
Essential Skills And Qualifications
- The Vice President of Corporate Communications will have at least 15 years of experience in leading global strategic communication teams in the technology sector and should have substantial experience running thought leadership initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Business, or a related field is required. An MBA is considered an asset for this role.
- Strong roster of relationships and contacts with the media (press, television, etc.).
- Strategic thinker, an inspiring leader, a team player, and an excellent writer/communicator.
- Substantial experience dealing with senior executives and ability to make strategic and succinct presentations to senior leadership.
- Passionate about communications and about BlackBerry, with a positive can-do attitude about maintaining a leadership position for the company.
- The position is based in San Ramon, CA, and reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Job Family Group Name: Marketing & Communications
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40