As I reflect on this past year of service, I’m feeling so appreciative of what our community accomplished in 2019. This year, we doubled down on our mission to offer peer-group experiences that help forge deep camaraderie, connection and support. In spite of how busy we all are, we each found the time to mentor and give back. So, thank you for being such an important part of this vibrant community. We couldn’t have done it without you.
Here are some highlights of what we accomplished together:
2019 Chapter Accomplishments
- Website: we hope you’re enjoying our new website. Please visit often for news, events, jobs, content and more!
- Membership: we’re experiencing the highest level of membership in a decade! If you’re not a member and have been wanting to sign up, please remember to sign up with the latest promo code (HOLIDAY19).
- Media Predicts Gala & Spotlight Award Nominees: we recognized 18 nominees at our 13th annual Media Predicts Gala & inaugural Spotlight Awards. Check out our nominees below. We also presented Mar Junge, David Vossbrink and Gerard Corbett the Chapter Legacy Award for 20+ years of service to the chapter!
- Ryan Donovan Memorial Scholarship: to be awarded annually to an LGBTQ communications student attending an SF/Bay Area school. Please consider donating so we can reach our goal of $5000!
- Expanded 360 Mentorship Program: our thriving program was launched a decade ago and what began as top-down mentorship (established pro matched with a new pro) has evolved into a ‘360‘ mentorship approach; bottom-up and peer to peer.
- Monthly Networking Mixer: our new monthly mixers are a great way to network and make friends. Sign up via Meetup to be invited. Hope to connect with you at a future one!
Welcome Our New 2020 Leadership Team
And finally, please join me in welcoming our amazing 2020 leadership team as we usher in another great year! I’m excited to support our new leadership team as we set our vision for growth and service in 2020.
We look forward to connecting with you in 2020!
As always, please get in touch to discuss leadership opportunities with our chapter.
Ellie Javadi, 2019 Chapter President