Communications Associate, Alumni Relations
QuestBridge is a national nonprofit program that connects outstanding low-income students with educational opportunities that can change their lives, as well as the demographics of our nation’s leading educational institutions.
We are looking for a creative individual with strong writing skills and a high commitment to the mission of QuestBridge to join the Alumni Relations team as a Communications Associate. The Communications Associate will help to create content to support a growing and changing alumni population, and must have strong communication skills to multi-task in an entrepreneurial non-profit environment. This is a great chance for the right individual to make a lasting impact on our QuestBridge Alumni as they transition to the challenges of life after college.
- Conduct in-depth research on topics of interest to alumni in order to develop original content, mainly for educational purposes.
- Write or curate engaging content for articles, blogs, emails, website, and social media posts, on topics ranging from professional development, identity, networking, graduate school, etc.
- Work closely with a small team to understand the needs of our population, and develop new content to build community and provide resources.
- Research and interview alumni for feature stories, and share content through multiple platforms.
- Identify alumni needs and recommend new content to address gaps in current offerings.
- Assist in managing alumni website portal and other online forums (Facebook, Slack, etc.), including some light moderation.
- Assist with developing programming for alumni and innovate on new ways to facilitate connections — online and in person — within the alumni population.
- Support alumni board committees on projects and initiatives as needed.
- Attend and staff our National College Admissions Conferences.
- Read and evaluate student applications for the College Prep Scholars Program, National College Match, and other various opportunities.
- Perform other administrative and miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and ideally, a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with superior writing and editing ability, and a knack for “storytelling”.
- Ability to research new topics in depth and to write new articles that summarize your findings.
- Exemplary attention to detail.
- Independent self-starter, resourceful, and organized with a keen sense of accountability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining a high level of organization.
- Comfort with technology and data, with the ability to improve current operations.
- Working knowledge of content management systems and other data or content platforms.
- Passion for issues in education, and to the mission of QuestBridge.
- Sensitivity to students and alumni from diverse backgrounds and a track record of handling sensitive personal information and situation.
- Experience with HMTL or HTML email marketing systems, and/or webpage development.
- Experience designing communications using programs like Adobe Creative Suite or Canva, and a good eye for visual design.
- Experience or interest in video or audio production.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic. Energized by working with a far-reaching social venture in an expansion phase.
- Strong belief in the goals and mission of the QuestBridge.
- Warm, positive personality; ability to collaborate well with others. Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Polished, professional demeanor and communication style.
- Exceptional attention to detail, but able to maintain focus on larger picture. Rigorous quality standards in terms of quantitative accuracy, text editing, and visual aesthetics.
- Strong work ethic and deep-seated personal integrity, with intense drive to reach goals and contribute to the success of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment in difficult situations.
Salary is commensurate with experience, variable according to experience and abilities. Benefits included with full-time employment.
Hours and Location of Work
This is a full-time position. QuestBridge’s office is in Palo Alto, CA, next to shopping, restaurants, Caltrain, and additional transportation.
Apply by uploading your resume and thoughtful cover letter to https://boards.greenhouse.io/questbridge/jobs/4612752002. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we ask that candidates kindly refrain from calling, sending paper applications, and drop-in visits. Thank you for your interest in employment with QuestBridge. QuestBridge is an equal opportunity employer.