Account Coordinator/Assistant Account Executive
San Jose, CA
Singer Associates Public Relations – one of California’s leading public relations and public affairs firms – is seeking an Account Coordinator or Assistant Account Executive in the San Jose area. Account Coordinators and Assistant Account Executives work across client accounts and are experienced researchers, editors, writers, and pitchers.
• Possesses excellent writing and editing skills. Ability to write to media and other marketing materials, including press releases, pitches, source sheets, social media publishing calendars, program reports and memos.
• Demonstrates excellent judgment and problem-solving abilities.
• Manages projects using organizational skills, working with colleagues, vendors and others while keeping project leaders apprised of status. Must be detail-oriented without losing sight of the big picture and be able to multi-task.
• Understands key client information, including business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors. Provides client service and administrative support; attend meetings, handle scheduling logistics, and draft agendas and recaps
• Develops and maintains productive relationships with clients, editors, reporters, vendors, bloggers and influencers
• Demonstrates understanding of how to use – and apply to client objectives – basic social media and online research tools
• Conducts research and provides reports measuring results, which includes compiling press clips, and writing media placement and digital analytics reports.
• Participates in the new business process, including research, audits, preparation of proposals and support for new business pitches and by helping to identify new business opportunities and leads
• 0-2 years of communications, PR or transferable work experience, preferably at an agency
• Strong research, writing, editing and content generation skills across mediums, ability to develop media contacts/relationships
• Impeccable customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work concurrently across multiple, diverse clients; skilled at prioritizing workload and deliverables to meet client and team deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• A solutions-oriented, proactive attitude, excellent organizational skills, consistent follow-through, and an eye for details
• Ability to work independently and multi-task in a team-oriented environment
• A sense of humor, desire to learn and the ability to stay calm under pressure
• BA/BS in Communications, Marketing, Public Affairs or related course of study
To apply, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer competitive salaries, merit-based bonuses and promotions, commuter benefits, full medical and dental benefits, vacation and sick leave, and a dynamic and rewarding environment with ample opportunity for professional development and growth. Learn more about us here: http://singersf.com/