San Francisco, CA
Headquartered in Atlanta, AR|PR is one of the fastest growing tech PR firms, and was named 2014 National Small Agency of the Year by Bulldog Reporter. In 2015, our CEO was named Atlanta’s Entrepreneur of the Year and in 2016 we were the only PR firm on the Atlanta Business Chronicle’s list of 100 Fastest Growing Companies. In our four-year history, we’ve built a global client roster of high growth technology innovators and enterprise tech leaders. Combined, our team executes integrated communications campaigns that #makenews in outlets such as TODAY Show, TechCrunch, WSJ; and #driveleads using a strategic mix of content marketing, social media and lead gen activities.
Today, AR|PR has five clients with offices in the Bay Area, and we are experiencing increasing demand from the San Francisco market. Therefore, we’re excited to seek an account director with 7-10 years of experience to serve as the first member of our Army of Awesome on the West Coast. The candidate who best fits this role will be an expert integrated communications strategist, media relations pro, and an experienced manager. S/he will be able to easily embrace the entrepreneurial spirit – being humble, hungry and nimble – and imbibe our unique culture and agency vision.
The position will play an integral role in servicing a growing roster of clients as well as creating lasting business relationships in San Francisco’s technology community. As a young, entrepreneurial company, the account director will gain first-hand experience and receive fast- track leadership opportunities at AR|PR that one wouldn’t acquire at a traditional agency.
• Lend insights, provide feedback and offer support to the leadership team as it relates to the establishment and growth of AR|PR’s West Coast office and agency presence.
• Serve as a resource and mentor for future San Fran employees. Lead West Coast
recruitment efforts, adapt/improve existing HR assets, and further our beloved company
• Co-mentor with junior team (regardless of office location) ongoing.
CLIENT SERVICE (55%)
• Serve as a strategist on 3-5 key accounts. Lead strategic client meetings, ensure quality of work product by junior team members, and develop key account plans (e.g., tradeshow activations, influencer marketing plans, product launch plans, corporate messaging portfolios, etc.).
• Support an additional 2-3 accounts with technical skills (ideally, media relations and messaging prowess) and cross pollination of ideas/collaboration.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (25%)
• Work with leadership team to drive all West Coast new business inquiries, proposal development and pitches. Support business development in other markets, as needed.
• Support company marketing through the curation of thought leadership content, leading speaking engagements and advising junior team on their respective areas of marketing “ownership.”
• Drive renewals and upsells for West Coast client portfolio.
• 7-10 years of integrated communications experience, with at least 4 years of agency experience required.
• Experience: crafting and executing national and global media relations campaigns, managing major technology and industry tradeshow activations; facilitating media trainings; leading brainstorm, messaging and content planning sessions; crafting content marketing programs and deliverables; supporting new business pitches.
• Familiarity with: Cision/Vocus, PRWeb, SproutSocial, media monitoring tools, CMS platforms, CRM systems, Basecamp, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Adwords, social media advertising, Mac OS.
• Existing relationships within the Bay Area’s technology ecosystem, including tech reporters, VCs, analysts and tech brands.
AR|PR’s culture is flexible and team oriented, but the position will report to the company’s senior vice president and CEO while also being accountable to our whole “army of awesome.” Position includes robust benefits package; and perks such as unlimited vacation, flexible workweeks and generous professional development opportunities. Position will be based out of WeWork SOMA. Send resume and cover letter (be creative) to email@example.com.