Communications Project Coordinator
San Mateo, CA
COMMUNICATIONS PROJECT COORDINATOR
Compensation: $42.00 – $50.00 / Hour
The County of San Mateo Health System is seeking an experienced and well-qualified individual for the position of Communications Project Coordinator – Health System – Extra Help. The Communications Project Coordinator will be responsible for the execution and operations of a communications project that is a system-wide initiative and uses a variety of analytical, complex organizational tasks and sophisticated communications knowledge to achieve success.
The Communications Project Coordinator will be assigned to the Health Communications Division of the Health System and perform a wide variety of planning and analysis tasks for various programs and projects related to the one initiative. Primary tasks shall include: overseeing all the moving parts of the initiative (i.e. meetings, key stakeholder engagement, communications, event support); collecting data that will be used to make key decisions on assigned projects; performing administrative support, including work-flow support with financial, performance goal management, and systems functions; tracking and supporting practices and procedures; conducting analyses, surveys, polls and interviews as needed; planning for change management and executing the roll out of the initiative internally and externally, which could include forums, online communications, social media, press, advertising campaigns, and other outreach opportunities; fostering cooperative working relationships among Health System divisions and County departments and acting as liaison with various community, public and regulatory agencies as needed; and performing related work as required. The Communications Project Coordinator receives general supervision or direction from the Public Information Officer and the ‘subject matter expert’ project lead in the Public Health Division.
The current extra-help vacancy is located in San Mateo, but will travel/drive within the County to attend meetings and perform duties of the job.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Experience managing communications projects in the healthcare arena
• Experience with complex projects involving multiple stakeholders and managing complex relationships
• Professional administrative experience in healthcare services, planning or government programs is highly desired
• Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills and attention to detail
• Ability to juggle competing tasks, set and meet deadlines
• Strong problem-solving skills; exercising independent judgment
• Demonstrated attention to detail in processes and execution of work
• Proficiency in computer systems and programs; specifically, Microsoft Word and Excel; InDesign experience is desired
• Familiarity with branding, creative services and communications work
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
NOTE: This is an extra-help, at-will assignment, paid on an hourly basis. Some extra help positions are eligible for benefits under the Affordable Care Act.. Extra-help employees are not guaranteed permanent status at the end of the assignment.
If you are interested in being considered for this extra-help position, the following materials must be electronically submitted in a Word or PDF format.
• Cover letter
• Writing Sample
• Brief responses to these supplemental questions:
1. Describe a specific situation that required you to project manage a complex project and how you juggled competing priorities. Be specific.
2. Describe a difficult problem in an area with which you were not familiar and that included working with people who did not know you. How did you approach the problem and reach your goal to help resolve it? Be specific, and also include your approach to working with people with varying levels of understanding of the problem.
3. Describe your experience with change management, process improvement, and projects that stretched across multiple stakeholders internally and externally. Be specific, and provide an example that demonstrates this.
4. This position requires working under the pressure of deadlines with priorities changing on short notice, while having to maintain high-quality results. Provide a work-related example that best demonstrates your ability to handle multiple tasks while working under pressure. Be specific, and also include how you ensure timeliness, accuracy and completeness of your own work.
Please include the words “Communications Project Coordinator – Health System – Extra Help” in the subject line of email submission. Please submit the required materials electronically via email to: Diana Rohini LaVigne, Public Information Officer, at HS_Comms@smcgov.org.
Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apply immediately. Application materials will be accepted until position is filled. This posting is open on a continuous basis and selection may be made at any time within the process.
Equal Opportunity Employer