Udacity’s mission is to democratize education. We’re an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for people to join our Marketing team. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
As a key member of the Marketing team at Udacity, the communications manager will be responsible for owning and building relationships with key consumer, technology and business media across a variety of channels. You will create and drive compelling narratives, campaigns, and announcements around Udacity’s mission to democratize education and connect “learning to jobs.” You will also develop communications materials, manage media outreach, and support reactive inquiries and executive communications. This role requires a rockstar communicator with proven media relations experience, and a strong record of placing high-profile articles in national and local publications.
– Drive brand awareness through meaningful stories in relevant publications, speaking engagements and other high-visibility platforms.
– Develop communications plans and manage execution to support new product and program announcements, company partnerships, and key business milestones working cross-functionally across the organization.
– Build and maintain productive relationships with key consumer, business and technology press as well as influencers in the online learning space.
– Research and lead executive speaking opportunities across tech, consumer, education and business platforms.
– Counsel and manage executive media interviews.
Manage reactive inquiries and support crisis communications matters, as needed.
– Minimum 7 years working in public relations and/or corporate communications; a mix of startup, agency and/or corporate experience preferred.
– Proven record of press relationships, particularly with consumer and technology journalists.
– Experience providing communications support and counsel to C-level executives.
Excellent writing and editing skills.
– A self-starter who creates stretch goals and meets them.
– Builds trust and productively collaborates with multiple teams.
– Ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.