Government Relations – Program Administrator
San Jose, California
The Supervising Program Administrator will play a key role in securing the success of the District’s long-term, high-priority legislative and policy efforts at the federal level, and supervise subordinate staff.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Monitoring of bills and regulatory actions proposed by Congress, the Administration, and other federal entities.
• Forecasting strategic opportunities, producing a federal delegation book and online version for two Washington DC advocacy trips per year, and other duties required by the federal government relations program.
• Leading project teams tasked with engaging government bodies and obtaining support on specific legislative issues relevant to the District as a whole.
• Making key decisions on program goals, budget, messages, and outcomes, preparing strategic outreach plans and white papers, and presenting them to external policy and decision makers on a regular basis.
• Executing strategic external stakeholder partnership activities at the local, state and federal levels.
• Shaping public policy and opinion while building the District’s image, brand and reputation.
• Managing the development, implementation, and analysis of program goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and priorities.
• Representing the program to internal clients and stakeholders, elected officials, external agencies, and the public.
• Interpreting regulatory requirements and proposals; advising District staff; developing new processes and procedures to meet new or anticipated requirements.
• Collaborating with District staff to develop local, state, and/or federal legislative proposals for consideration by management and the Board of Directors; collaborating with District staff and others to support implementation of the District’s local, state, and/or federal legislative programs.
Four years of increasingly responsible program management experience in a related area including two years of providing lead direction on an ongoing or project basis.
Equivalent to a Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration or a related field. Directly related experience may be substituted for the college requirement on the basis of one and one-half years of experience for one year of education to a maximum of four years.
Closing Date for Applications: November 16, 2017 by 11:59pm
For detailed information regarding requirements and qualifications for this opening and to apply online, please see the job posting by clicking on the following link: http://agency.governmentjobs.