Head of Google Apps Brand Marketing
Mountain View, CA
As a Marketing manager, you are a fully dedicated business leader, shaping the future of one of our many Google products. Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
We’re looking for an experienced brand leader with excellent creative judgment and communication skills to lead the Google Apps brand team. As the Head of Brand Marketing for Google Apps, you’d be responsible for the vision, strategy and execution of the brand and our awareness efforts. This will include creative campaigns, including our global awareness campaign and regional campaigns, earned awareness and social marketing. You will be expected to be a doer as well as a thinker, who does not settle for the expected and conventional. This is a great opportunity to lead a talented team of marketers and grow the Google Apps brand in the enterprise space.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Build and lead a brand team — leading the development and execution of campaigns that drive awareness, engagement, and brand love for Google Apps. This involves working across the spectrum of marketing communications — from branding and positioning to creative development and execution.
- Ensure all aspects of Google Apps marketing communications are on brand, consistent, focused on the user, and employ best practices.
- Be the creative leader across the team: develop and best-in-class creative and ensure a consistent brand look and voice.
- Tell great stories that inspire and engage a community of customers and fans.
- Launch end-to-end global marketing projects, including planning, creative development,, execution, budget management, and measurement.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of Enterprise Brand Marketing experience.
- Experience in managing a breadth of marketing agency partners and developing best in class creative work.
- Demonstrate best-in-class marketing, pushing the limits of technology to tell stories and bring product experiences to life in new and remarkable ways.
- Demonstrate exceptional creative and design sensibilities with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- Ability to drive consensus in cross-regional and cross-functional teams delivering strong teamwork, relationship-building, and experience in leading through influence, including stakeholder management skills.