Health System Communications Officer
San Mateo County Health System
San Mateo, CA
HEALTH SYSTEM COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
San Mateo County
$8,140 – $10,175/Month
San Mateo County Health System is seeking a marketing and communications leader who will develop, direct and implement internal and external communication strategies with the goal to help residents live longer and better lives and ensure a successful flow of information with key stakeholders, including the media.
The ideal candidate will have the right mix of healthcare marketing, communications and media relations experience, and creativity to develop and deliver targeted communications for various audiences; be a champion for our brand and responsible for growing awareness and engagement across all target audiences, stakeholders and partners; and have prior supervisory experience that will empower you to manage a high-performing team of professionals.
As the Health System Communications Officer, you will:
• Plan, direct and implement Health System-wide internal and external communication strategies, programs and campaigns
• Build and maintain strong media relations
• Serve as the Health System Public Information Officer and provide communications support and response plans for emergencies, crises and disasters
• Coach and manage an in-house communication team and pool of vendors responsible for multiple communication channels, such as public and internal websites, social media platforms, promotional outreach campaigns, print and online materials, and system-wide branding
• Provide high level communications and media relations support to executive team and management and help build the organization’s capacity to communicate effectively
• Work collaboratively with Health System divisions, County-wide departments and federal, state and bay area public health agencies and partners
Overall, the Communications Officer will develop and implement communication strategies that support the Health System’s shared values to build healthy places through policy change, deliver the right care at the right time and place, provide a great experience for patients, clients, customers and stakeholders who interact with us, carefully and wisely use public funds entrusted to us, and be a fabulous place to work.
Final Filing Date: Continuous; Applications received by March 30, 2016 will be processed first
Are you interested and qualified?
Read more about this opportunity and apply online. Applications are only accepted online. EOE