Public Information Representative II (Graphic Services) (2 positions)
San Jose, CA
Company Name: Valley Water
Location: San Jose, CA
Type of Job: Regular Position
*To protect our most valuable assets, our employees, as well as the communities we serve, Valley Water requires all new hired Valley Water personnel to be fully vaccinated (for COVID -19) or to be formally excused from the requirement through the **reasonable accommodation process (for details, see bottom of job posting).
The Public Information Representative (PIR) II position in Graphic Services within the Office of Communications will perform a wide range of support functions as a journey-level graphic designer working with internal and external customers including board directors, elected officials, executives, line staff, vendors, and stakeholders. This position serves as a project manager of assigned graphic cases, responsible for design creation and completion of requested deliverables within deadline.The PIR II will participate in significant Graphic Services efforts including work on print, digital, and signage, along with special tasks assigned by their team lead, graphics supervisor, and/or manager. Specifically, this position will participate in developing materials, presentations, and collateral for public facing Valley Water events and efforts such as community outreach project updates, internal/external communications presentations, and PowerPoint slide deck creations. The PIR II will support maintaining the look and feel of Valley Water’s current design aesthetics, designing materials, templates, and collateral that are representative of the diverse internal and external customers of Valley Water. This individual will also ensure adherence to Valley Water’s established brand guidelines and will work with external vendors.In addition to a routine work schedule, this position can involve night and weekend work.
The PIR II in Graphic Services is part of a deadline-driven, fast-paced team of professionals at Valley Water who are expected to problem solve and offer solutions to enhance the success of the unit through Graphic Services deliverables.
Qualified candidates will be asked to submit a sample of their work via email before progressing to an interview round.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design and manage on-demand graphic cases from beginning, until customer hand-off.
• Maintain productive and positive working relationships with internal and external customers on assigned tasks and projects.
• Ensure adherence to established brand guidelines.
Ideal Candidate’s Background Includes: Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria as listed below.
• Three (3) years of experience or more in graphic design.
• Proficient in design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• Experienced project manager.
Ideal Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Lead and coordinate with outside resources to develop appropriate teams to meet the projects goals.
• Juggle competing priorities and complete tasks on time.
• Methods and techniques of graphic concepts, design, and print production.
• English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Ideal Training and Education:
Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in communications, journalism, public relations, graphic design, education, art, or a related field.
Required License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver’s license. Individuals who do not meet the driver’s license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. To review the Classification Specification, please click http://apps2.valleywater.org/
(1) The selection process may include one or more of the following: application review, application assessment, performance exercise, written exercise and/or interview.
(2) The Employment Application, Qualifying Information Questions and/or Supplemental Questions will be evaluated based on the ideal candidate criteria listed above. Resumes are highly recommended.
NOTE: Position and start date is subject to availability of funds. Valley Water retains the right to repost this position as deemed necessary.
Consideration may be given to existing applicant pools within the same classification.
COVID-19 vaccination requirement:
* Fully vaccinated means (1) it has been at least two weeks since a person has completed the entire recommended series of a COVID-19 vaccine, and (2) the person has provided proof of vaccination in a form consistent with the requirements for verification of vaccine status in the State of California’s July 26, 2021 Public Health Officer Order.
**Limited Exemptions to Vaccination Requirement
An individual who has been provided a job offer may request a reasonable accommodation to the vaccination requirement if they:
1. Have a contraindication recognized by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or by the vaccine’s manufacturer to every approved COVID-19 vaccine. A contraindication means a condition that makes vaccination inadvisable;
2. Have a disability and are requesting an exception as a reasonable accommodation based upon this disability; or,
3. Object to COVID-19 vaccination based on their sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Valley Water’s Equal Opportunity Non-Discrimination Policy is available for review upon request.
Valley Water will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources in advance of any special needs by calling +1 408-630-2260.
Please be aware that once submitted all application materials become the property of Valley Water and will not be returned. Human Resources staff are not authorized to make copies of application materials for applicants.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2517985