Public Information Representative II
This Public Information Representative II position will oversee the Creek Stewardship Program in the Office of Civic Engagement. They will be responsible for managing the Adopt-A-Creek program, including recruiting and retaining an active portfolio of volunteers, outreach and promotion of the program, and reporting out data to various stakeholders. Additionally, they will be responsible for the management of two major cleanup events: National River Cleanup Day and Coastal Cleanup Day. The cleanup events are coordinated through a countywide effort with this position as the lead for those efforts.
The position will support the day to day activities of creek stewardship, develop and maintain strong partnerships with local agencies and community organizations, as well as recruit and retain an active portfolio of volunteers. Candidate must have a strong background in communications, outreach, project management, large-scale event coordination, and/or volunteer management. The position will also be responsible participating in collaboratives with external stakeholders.
This position requires occasional offsite event work at night and on the weekends.
- Oversight and management of Adopt-a-Creek program.
- Oversight and management of National River Cleanup Day & Coastal Cleanup Day.
- Ongoing volunteer management activities, responding to public inquiries regarding creek activities.
- Coordinate the annual Volunteer Recognition Event.
- Participate and represent Valley Water in various external collaboratives.