Senior External Communications Specialist
Mountain View, CA
Job title: SENIOR EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALISTCompany Name: El Camino HealthLocation: Mountain View, CaliforniaType of Job: Regular Position
Description: El Camino Health is committed to hiring, retaining and growing the best and brightest professionals who will carry our mission and vision forward. We are proud of our reputation in the community: One built on compassion, innovation, collaboration and delivering high-quality care. Come join the team that makes this happen.
As El Camino Health’s specialist in external communications, you will oversee media relations, social media, public relations, crisis communications and other communications activities. In consultation with the director, the specialist will perform communications activities that support the success of building and protecting El Camino Health’s corporate reputation as it achieves its enterprise goals. You will increase recognition, understanding and knowledge of El Camino Health and all of its health care services/resources to the media, community members, employers, consumers, patients, physicians, associations and other health care providers. Additionally, the Senior External Communications Specialist plans, organizes and implements ongoing media and public relations efforts as well as social media communications programs designed to positively shape the external narrative about El Camino Health through a range of media channels and thought leadership opportunities. The specialist also manages the full scope of proactive and reactive day-to-day media relations with the ability to pitch stories that highlight El Camino Health as an innovative healthcare leader.
The qualified professional will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communications, journalism or other closely related field
• Five years of experience in health care marketing, public relations or corporate communications, including at least 3 years in social media
• Well-developed skills in social media management are a critical requirement, including creating and management of an editorial calendar, influencer strategy and the ability to utilize social media reviews management tools
• Experience in creating press releases, media announcements and web content using AP Style, as well as with social media platforms, reviews management tools and other digital mediums
• Superior verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail, a collaborative work style, and the ability to discern ambiguous requirements to generate clear, concise communications
• Experience working within a demanding and complex environment with access to highly confidential and proprietary information is necessary
• Strong interpersonal, project management, editing and proofreading skills, maturity, good judgment and experience with tight deadlines
• Prefer experience with multimedia and video, in addition to a background in healthcare and knowledge of HIPAA and healthcare regulations
• Must be able to work some evening and weekends.
If you’re looking for an enriching and professionally supportive environment, apply online to Req# R00002627 at www.elcaminohealth.org. EOE