Senior Manager of Communications
San Francisco, CA
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
AppLovin was named one of Inc.’s Best Places to Work and one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work. AppLovin is #1 on Silicon Valley Business Journal’s Fast Private list and #3 on SF Business Times’ list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies.
Founded in 2012, the company provides a solution for mobile game developers to monetize, publish, understand, and grow their businesses—all in one place. Developers use AppLovin’s platform and powerful analytics tools to acquire new users and improve profitability. This is your opportunity to be a leader, problem solver, and strategist at one of the fastest-growing mobile technology companies in Silicon Valley.
ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE:
We are seeking an experienced communications professional to join our marketing team in San Francisco, CA. You will report directly to our Director of Communications and be a key part of our growth and leadership team. This role requires at least 6+ years of communications and public relations experience for high-tech products. You will lead our external media messaging, planning and media relations to help build our brand, reputation, and narrative.
The ideal candidate has great instincts, strong attention to detail and can write for multiple audiences. They are experienced in building a strong media plan, pitching media contacts and comfortable working under pressure on tight deadlines. They are self-directed, passionate, and strategic. You are always thinking one step ahead, constantly thinking of ways to innovate and your vision helps drive the brand forward.
- Develop and pitch stories
- Seek out stories and opportunities outside of news and announcements
- Manage trade and game publications relationships and outreach
- Stay on top of data and incoming information from media, influencers, and analysts and capitalize on the relevant opportunities they present
- Prepare messaging documents and other materials such as media backgrounders, briefing books and byline outlines
- Work with events team to set up media roundtables, dinners, and press interviews at events
- Manage our internal media training process for industry speakers/brand ambassadors
- Manage inbound press inquiries, and other external/agency requests including interview requests, proactive pitches, bylines and industry trend opportunities
- Be a good “coach” and support colleagues internally/cross-functionally
- Engage across the organization as a senior communications lead and be the “go-to” person for the Director of Communications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of experience in public relations and communications, including experience working in-house.
- Established relationships with a broad range of media and tech outlets
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion effectively
- Experience in Google Analytics, Google Suite, and project management tools (like Asana)
- Action-oriented with the ability to be efficient and manage cross-team projects in a demanding startup environment
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free public transit
- Free laundry service (wash/dry clean)
- Free gym membership
- 401k matching
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible time off—work hard and take time when you need it