The College of Fellows is the pinnacle group of professionals in PRSA. the Society. It’s considered the gold standard for public relations professionals. Induction into the College is an emergence into new ways of serving the PR profession and the professional. Nearly 700 members have been inducted since its inception in 1989. Whether you have 20 plus years of professional experience or recently received your APR, continue the lifelong journey with the College of Fellows.
While it is an honor to be a member of the College, it is not an honorary organization. Rather, it is an active group of experienced professionals who enrich the PR profession by continuing to leave a significant footprint on the public relations body of knowledge. A rigorous application and peer review process culminates in inducting into membership the ‘best of the best.’
Election to the College is considered the height of one’s career and the beginning of the professional’s next career phase, sharing expertise and knowledge as they continue to grow professionally and expand their careers.
The Silicon Valley Chapter has five former members and one current member of the College. We’d love to see that population grow:
- J. Lindsey Wolf, Fellow PRSA * – 2003
- Gerard F. Corbett, APR, Fellow PRSA – 1998
- Richard L. Harmon, Fellow PRSA * – 1996
- Raymond B. Durazo, Fellow PRSA – 1993
- Richard G. Claeys, APR, Fellow PRSA (COF Chair 1996) – 1991
- Dennis L. Wilcox, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA – 1990
The key to membership in the College of Fellows is based on the following criteria:
- Current PRSA membership
- Minimum of 20 years of public relations and communication experience
- Current accreditation in Public Relations (APR)
- Demonstrated superior professional performance in the practice/teaching of public relations
- Advanced the profession
- Contributed to the profession or the community through service and leadership
- Served as a role model in the profession and the community
If you match those attributes, please consider applying. You must provide six letters of support with your application. And if you have questions, email me (Gerry Corbett) email@example.com. I would be happy to have a conversation with you.